Thursday, August 22, 2013

River John Needle Company

I like to pass on discoveries when I think other knitters may be interested.  


Am just starting another scribble scarf.  They are so lovely and unique and you can really create a lovely gift.   I have made one so far and have two more to do. It is ribbon yarn and fine cashmere and makes a scarf or shawl.  The pattern I used last time had me cutting and joining yarn every 5 rows.  This pattern was from the wool shop owner (not impressed with that) and when I went back and looked at her sample, she did not use the pattern she sold me for the wool as her accent wool was carried up the side.  

Of course, the easier way is to carry up but you would have to transfer your wool to another needle or use double pointed.   The cashmere does not slide back onto the double pointed string needle easily.  

Here's the solution!!
Here's River John's site - (Yay, Canadian!)  http://www.lismoresheepfarmwoolshop.com/needles/index.htm
He makes swing needles...for those cases when you want to knit on a really long double pointed needle.  Like making a scribble scarf - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/scribble-lace-wrap 

No cutting and joining new yarn using these needles.   

Enjoy!!


* I will post a photo soon of the first one I made and then when I get the new one done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment